A graduate student has created the first man-made biological leaf. It absorbs water and carbon dioxide to produce oxygen just like a plant. He did this by suspending chloroplasts in a mixture made out of silk protein. He believed it can be used for many things but the most striking one is the thought that it could be used for long distance space travel. Plants do not grow in space, but this synthetic material can be used to produce oxygen in a hostile environment. (Video)
A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
HELLO!~ so… I have some pretty amazing followers. I’ve also had some rough times lately, and having all of you with me has helped me in more ways than I can ever really articulate. So, as a way of thanking you, I wanted to put together a package of goodies for one special person. (And if it goes well, I’ll be doing it more often!!)
- giveaway blogs excluded
- must be following me constantine-spiritworker
- reblog to enter (likes don’t count!)
- be a US resident or at least have a US address (sorry, shipping sucks)
- have an open ask box so I can get your address
- be 18 years or older
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Tumblr
- winner will be chosen at random on 8/31
- the winner must respond within 24 hours or a new one will be selected
don’t be one of the asshole blogs I’ve had issues with the last few weeks (none of you should be following me anyway)
- 1 abalone shell & stand
- 6 quartz points & organza pouch
- 1 bloodstone merkaba pendulum
- 1 7-day white, unscented jar candle
- 2 pieces palo santo
- 3 black tea lights (unscented)
- 3 jasmine bouquet scented white tea lights
- 3 lavender scented tea lights
- 12 white, unscented chime/vigil candles
- 1 copy Psychic Tarot by Nancy Antenucci
- 1 copy Llewellyn’s 2015 Daily Planetary Guide
- 1 maroon triquetra journal with elastic closure
- The Conscious Spirit Oracle Deck
- Madame Endora’s Fortune Cards
- 1 custom tarot/card reading spread cloth (not pictured) (winner will get to pick one from my stash)
- 1 custom drawstring bag (not pictured) (winner will get to pick the size & colors)
Okay! Go nuts!
I am now opening to international shipping!
ALSO - gain additional entries by creating a storenvy account and watching my shop! (Additionally, for brownie points, feel free to envy any products you like, or like me on FB.) Once you do that, make a pit stop HERE to provide your tumblr username AND storenvy username (otherwise I can’t add your additional entries).